The Cake Decorating Academy Take your privacy very seriously.
This policy (together with our Terms of Website Use (and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
By personal data, we mean names, addresses, and mobile and email addresses.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
What will your personal information be used for?
If you are concerned about providing your personal information, please contact us and we will arrange alternative means for you to provide this information. Personal information will only be used for the purpose indicated and will be held securely. It will not be used for any other purpose without your permission and will not be kept for longer than necessary. We will also not share or sell your personal information.
How will we use your personal information?
- To contact you in relation to a cake class or upcoming event.
- To send you our newsletter from time to time.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or we feel may interest you.
- To collect payment from you.
- To verify that you are a The Cake Decorating Academy customer if you call us (for reasons of security, you will be asked for some of the details you provided during the ordering process)
- To assess and develop The Cake Decorating Academy products and services.
- Tell you about other The Cake Decorating Academy products and special offers, provided that you choose to receive this information.
We may collect the following personal information from you:
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that whether that be by telephone, email, text message, social media.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.thecakedecoratingacademy.co.uk. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further information.
- When you enter any promotions or competitions.
- If you attend an event that we are hosting or participating in and you would like to opt in to be added to our mailing list.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Updating and amending your personal information
As a The Cake Decorating Academy customer, you have control over the accuracy of your personal information. If at any time, you wish to verify, update or amend the personal information you have provided, you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
A “cookie” is a piece of information, like a tag, which some websites create on your PC. Our cookies allocate each user of this website with a random number.
This procedure does not entail the collection of any personal information. Our cookies will not be used to analyse your visits to other websites or track any internet searches you may undertake whilst on this website.
If you do not want to accept cookies, your browser lets you choose whether to accept, not to accept or to be warned before accepting cookies. These settings can be found in the advanced preferences of your internet browser
Where do we store your data?
We use a third-party cloud-based storage system called Mailchimp to store our customer details. We use Mailchimp to collect and store some of your personal data to allow us to create and use distribution lists and send marketing email campaigns.
We use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to determine which pages are being viewed, to help improve your experience, and to gauge the number of visitors to support service development. This information is processed anonymously.
Third party sites
We recognize the importance of privacy to our customers and visitors and intend to remain at the forefront of industry developments in this area. We will keep this policy under review and any changes made from time to time will be posted on this website.
We have implemented security measures to ensure that your personal information is protected. Any passwords are stored in an encrypted format. Information you provide to us on registration (including credit card details) is protected using encryption whenever it is transmitted over the internet. In addition, we use a firewall to prevent third parties from accessing your personal information and other physical measures to prevent The Cake Decorating Academy customers from accessing the personal information of other customers.
If you have any further questions relating to how we use and store your information please do not hesitate to contact our headquarters office by email at email@example.com.
Our policies apply to online and written storage of information. The latter is kept in a locked draw in a locked office and is stored online wherever possible. It is disposed of afterwards.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the unsubscribe links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, product/service experience or other transactions.